#6 Ohio State Buckeyes (3-0) (-14.5) @ Indiana Hoosiers (2-0) (+14.5)
- 11:00 AM CST on FOX
- Why is this a big game? Cause I’m a Big Ten guy and just hoping Ohio State loses this game somehow.
- Indiana usually plays a big time team well once during the year (usually its Michigan), so maybe it happens here.
- Indiana struggled Week 1 with Ball State but rolled in Week 2.
- Ohio State has rolled both weeks and blew out Cinci in a game many thought would be close.
- This Ohio State team looks real NOICE early on, especially that defense which was bad for Ohio State standards last year.
- If Indiana wins this game, it’s because Freshman QB Michael Penis Jr. throws for a butt load of yards.
- The other thing Indiana has going for them is experience. Phil Steele said this team was the second most experienced in the Big Ten and 26th overall in the country. These guys will not be intimated by Ohio State.
- The other plus for Indian, they get the Buckeyes at home in Justin Fields first road start.
- The bad news for Indiana, they have to try to stop a Ohio State offense that is averaging 43.5 PPG. And they have to try to score on a defense that just blanked an 11 win Cincinnati team.
- I’m surprised this opened up at only 14.5, I think this is stealing money as much as I want Indiana to pull this upset. I’ll take Ohio State to cover rather comfortably.
- The Over/Under here is 61. That’s a tough one, I’ll say it goes over.
Stanford Cardinals (1-1) (+7.5) @ #17 UCF Knights (2-0) (-7.5)
- 2:30 PM CST on ESPN
- UCF finally gets a Power 5 opponent except for them, Stanford is coming in unranked after getting smoked by USC.
- UCF has looked like the best team in Florida so far, putting up 62 and 48 while only allowing 14 points in two games. They just played at Florida Atlantic and won 48-14, similar score to FAU’s game at Ohio State.
- Stanford offense has been pretty lackluster. They only put up 10 against NW and just 20 last week, Stanford won’t win many games putting up 20 points a game even with that defense.
- This is also a sandwich game for Stanford. Just played USC and they get Oregon next week at home.
- KJ Costello will be coming back from a concussion (most likely), this week. If not, UCF should be favored by even more.
- Stanford can win this game by stopping UCF’s run. UCF threw just 20 passes last week against FAU but 8 of them went for 262 YDS somehow.
- Part of that was due to starting QB Brandon Wimbush sitting for an unknown reason. If Wimbush plays, UCF’s passing attack will be a little better going forward.
- I don’t like Stanford traveling all the way tot the East Coast against a very good team. I’ll take UCF to cover this one.
- Over/Under is set at 58.5. I’ll take the under on that one.
Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0) (+11) @ #18 Michigan State Spartans (2-0) (-11)
- 3:00 PM CST on FOX
- ASU won this game last year in Arizona, 16-13 which was a very surprising result at the time. As the season went on however, it was clear Michigan St. wasn’t the team everybody was expecting them to be.
- MSU’s offense came alive last week putting up 51 on Western Michigan. Lewerke threw for 314 YDS & 3 TDs while Elijah Collins ran for 192 YDS.
- MSU’s defense gave up just 67 YDS rushing, but thats almost a 100 yard swing to what they gave up against Tulsa last week.
- ASU loves to run the ball w/ Eno Benjamin who is a stud.
- ASU did not look good last week, they only beat Sacramento State an FCS team 19-7 and needed a 4th Quarter TD to put them away for good.
- ASU is a young team especially on offense. They lost their QB and top WR to the NFL last year and return just basically Benjamin. That young offense now needs to go up against one of the best defenses in the country.
- I think MSU is going to too much for ASU. I’ll take the Spartans to cover the 11 points and hold this young ASU offense to few very points.
- The Over/Under is at 45.5. I’ll take the under.
#19 Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0) (+1) @ Iowa State Cyclones (1-0) (-1)
- 3:00 PM CST on FS1
- This is the biggest game of the weekend, College Game Day is making its first ever appearance in Ames, IA this Saturday.
- Iowa has won the last four games in this rivalry.
- Iowa St. struggled against Northern Iowa in Week 1 and it took 3 OT to beat an FCS team. The Cyclones had a bye last week to fix things on offense.
- QB Bryce Purdy was good last year for Iowa St. but its clear he misses two guys that went to the NFL this year: RB David Montgomery and WR Hakeem Butler.
- Having said that, WR Deshaunte Jones had a great game catching 14 balls for 126 YDS against Northern Iowa.
- Iowa won its first two games in convincing fashion but didn’t cover either.
- QB Nate Stanely has played well, so far this year he has 488 YDS passing with 6 TDs, 0 INTS, and he’s completing 63.8% of this passes. He’s never finished a year with over a 60% completion percentage.
- Both teams have good defenses but I would give the edge to Iowa St.
- Iowas defense needs to do a better job at getting pressure on the QB. The Hawkeyes have only two sacks against two bad teams.
- This game could come down Iowas pass defense vs the Iowa St. pass offense, and Iowa State’s rush defense vs Iowa’s rush offense.
- Iowa St. probably wants to make Nate Stanley beat them by throwing the ball.
- I understand Iowa State looked very bad against Northern Iowa but this team should still be a favorite in the Big 12.
- In an even match-up I’ll take the home team. I like Iowa State to win this game outright in a tight one.
- The Over/Under is set at 43 right now. That’s tough, but I’ll take the over this year.
#1 Clemson Tigers (2-0) (-25.5) @ Syracuse Orange (1-1) (+25.5)
- 6:30 PM CST on ABC
- Maybe Maryland was a wake up call for Syracuse. Maybe Syracuse had a bad day. Maybe they just need another week to grow.
- Maybe don’t fucking matter because they are going to be whooped by Clemson.
- Trevor Lawrence hasn’t played to his Heisman hype the first two games but I think he gets back on track here.
- Syracuse looked like absolute dog shit on the road at Maryland. The Orange were supposed to have a solid defense in the ACC that would keep them in games with a new QB. That obviously isn’t a thing as of now.
- Clemson is coming off of a tough game against Texas A&M but they still won in convincing, boring fashion. Their defense isn’t nearly as good as last year up front on the DL but they still have some guys who can really play.
- I see no way Syracuse keeps this game close but can they cover 3+ TDs at home?
- I guess they’ll find a way. Maybe Clemson takes the peddle off, maybe Lawrence still struggles somehow, but I don’t see Syracuse stopping that Clemson run game.
- I’ll take The Orange to cover but still get absolutely smoked.
- Over/Under is at 59. Give me the Over.
Year to Date Record: 3-1
- Took Cinci to cover like a fucking moron last week, but got LSU to cover at 5.5, took USC to cover which worked out well, and go the back door cover from Jimbo Fischer and Texas A&M.