In my Hangover Monday I listed some of the important Super Bowl headlines that we’ll all see. However, I feel like I have failed everyone – I forgot a few HUGE, HUGE story-lines everyone is talking about.
If Sean McVay wins the Super Bowl, he’ll be the youngest coach to do so. If Bill Belichick wins the Super Bowl, he’ll be the oldest coach to do so.
- Big news folks. Either a really young guy, or a really old guy are going to win the Super Bowl. Spoiler alert, there is no way this game can end in a tie.
- Sean McVay is only 32 while Bill Belichick is 66. If McVay wins, he will be younger than some of his players getting a ring. Holy shit.
- McVay was born in 1986, and Belichick was born in 1952. That’s only seven years after World War Two.
- Convince me Coughlin ins’t over 66 in this picture. You can’t.
Sean McVay played against Julian Edelman in college. McVay was a WR at Miami (OH) and Edelman was a QB at Kent State.
- Okay, lets process this one here: McVay played the position Edelman plays now in the NFL and McVay is credited for make Jared Goff ( a QB) as good as he is and Edelman played QB in college. They played against each other in 2007.
- 2007 was also the year the Patriots went undefeated and lost to Tom Coughlin (who was definitely over 66). Things are adding up here in a suspicious matter.
- The real question is, if Sean McVay would have coached Julian Edelman right out of college, would Edelman have played QB in the NFL? McVay is obviously the best offensive mind in the NFL, no doubt Edelman would be on the Dolphins right playing QB and McVay his HC. Two dudes who used to play against each other, side by side, beating the Patriots.
- You can make this stuff up folks.
Confirmed that Sean McVay has a girlfriend.
Sean McVay attended Super Bowl 34 where the Rams beat the Titans in, you guessed it: Atlanta, GA
- Fun nuggets all over here.
- Why does this matter? Because the Rams re-invented themselves that year with Kurt Warner, a young up and coming QB. The Rams last year did the same with McVay as their coach. Now were back in Atlanta, scene of the 1st crime. Rams this year are wearing their throwback. Tom Brady hasn’t played against the Rams in a Super Bowl with those uniforms, I think it’ll throw him off. I don’t know what I’m talking about.
Sony Michel is back in Georgia and playing in the same stadium where he lost the previous year in the National Championship Game to Alabama.
- SPOILER ALERT: GEORGIA ALREADY PLAYED HERE THIS YEAR IN THE REMATCH AND LOST SO THAT MEANS THIS GAME IS ALREADY DECIDED AND SONY MICHEL WILL LOSE AGAIN. BET THE HOUSE ON THE RAMS.
And those are you updated Super Bowl story-lines. Enjoy the next 10 days of bullshit from ESPN and FS1.