2018 season is over and Clemson was clearly the best team all year, now lets look ahead to 2019. I don’t care about recruiting rankings, or early top 25 because those don’t mean jack shit. Recruiting rankings are for fans to get hyped up about, and the top 25 before mid-November is just marketing for cable TV so they can tell you #4 is playing at #10 and you should watch. Let’s look at something that people actually care about, future odds that can win people some real cash. Obviously depending on where you look, the odds may be a little different.
2019 National Champion Odds
Ohio State 8/1
Penn State 10/1
Michigan State 25/1
Miami (FL) 25/1
Virginia Tech 40/1
Florida State 40/1
Notre Dame 40/1
West Virginia 40/1
Texas A&M 50/1
- Alabama deserves to the best odds. Clemson is losing their whole defensive line which absolutely dominated Alabama last night. If you’re looking for value, obviously Clemson is the one to throw money down on.
- Michigan St. at 25/1 to is a fucking joke. That team is far away from competing for a national title much less the Big Ten East.
- Based on how Michigan looked at the end of the year, they should not be 10/1 either. The return a lot on offense and defense, but until they beat Ohio State I don’t think you can bet on them.
- However, they do have a shot to win the Big Ten Conference and that’s the first thing you need to look for in value, can this team in their conference.
- I like Georgia at 8/1 more than Ohio State. Georgia will return their QB, top RB, and keep their coach. They should have beat Alabama this year and just saw Alabama get their ass kicked. Ohio State is gonna have a new QB, new HC, new staff.
- If Kyler Murray comes back for Oklahoma, I love them at 18/1. No way that defense is as bad next year, no way.
- Texas at 25/1 is great value also. They’re gonna return most of their team but most importantly Heisman candidate Sam Ehlinger.
- Notre Dame was undefeated and will have a good defense and return Ian Book. However, there is no way their schedule turns out as easy as this past year in 2019. They’ll have to go to Michigan later on in the season and also have to visit Georgia. I don’t like them.
- Texas A&M is the value pick to me but their schedule is TOUGH next year. They go to Clemson, Georgia, and LSU. They also get Alabama at home. However, this team has Jimbo Fischer who has won a national championship and a QB who should be in the Heisman conversation. They may lose early to Clemson, but if they have a legit shot to compete for a SEC title next year.
- I mean I guess you have to think about a Pac 12 team but I don’t know what I’d take here. Oregon is the best pick at 60/1, they get their QB back and had a good recruiting class.
- Washington at 30/1 isn’t bad but I don’t trust this team to be a top 4 squad next year. They might go undefeated because their schedule is cake, but I’d stay away from them.
***There will be another blog in the future when Conference Title/Division odds come out, along with Over/Under total wins.