Outback Bowl: #18 Mississippi St (-7) vs Iowa (+7) —O/U 40
- Tampa, FL (Raymond James Stadium): 12:00 PM EST on ESPN2
- I’m writing these hungover on New Years Day so these are gong to be short and sweet.
- This game may be already going on but this was my pick before hand. Iowa just is an underachieving team and is random as tits.
- Mississippi St. on the other hand is one of the best teams in the country that has a balanced offense and defensive. This is probably the best defense Mississippi St. has had.. ever?
- Mississippi St. HC Joe Moorehead came from Penn State so he is somewhat familiar with Iowa. He’ll know how to attack this Big Ten team.
- Iowa will win this game if QB Nate Stanely can keep his great TE’s involved in this game. Both those TE’s, T.J. Hockenson and Noah Fant will be in the NFL.
- Both teams like to move slow.
- I will take Mississippi St. here and the points. Also, I think this a little higher scoring than most think so I’ll take the over also.
- 56% on Mississippi St. and 50/50 on Over/Under.
VRBO Citrus Bowl: #14 Kentucky (+5) vs #12 Penn State (-5) — O/U 48
- Orlando, FL (Camping World Stadium): 1:00 PM EST on ABC
- This is the hardest game of the day to pick, no idea what either team is going to bring to the table or if they’ll show up.
- Kentucky should be more excited to be here, they had one of the best years in their program and is looking to cap off a 10 in season for the first time since 1977.
- Penn State on the other hand was expected to compete for a Big 10 title but lost a heartbreaker to Ohio St. and go blown the fuck out by Michigan. I think they’ll be excited to be here, but you never know.
- Did I mention I’m writing these hungover?
- Kentucky’s defense is legit, along with Josh Allen. They are going to give McSorley fits. McSorely is going to have to have a Rose Bowl type performance for Penn State to win comfortably here.
- Real question is, how the hell does Kentucky even score? Benny Snell Jr. is going to need to go off. Penn State does have a pretty good defense also.
- I’ll take Kentucky to cover here in a very close game and the under. I like defense to dominate this game.
- 61% on Penn State & 58% on the over.
Playstation Fiesta Bowl: #11 LSU (-7) vs #8 UCF (+7) — O/U 58
- Glendale, AZ (State Farm Stadium): 1:00 PM EST on ESPN
- The game everybody wants, undefeated UCF against and SEC team that ACTUALLY WANTS TO BE THERE.
- Of course, UCF will be without the man whose made them run, Mckenzie Milton. But Darrell Mack Jr. came in a played well for the Knights. If he can win this game, UCF will be back to back national champs!!!!
- LSU defense is one of the best in the country and they’ll have their hands full against UCF. Even without Milton, UCF is one of the best offenses in the country.
- LSU will be without CB’s Kristian Fulton and Greedy Williams so that should help UCF on offense. Still, LSU will easily be the best defense UCF has seen all year.
- Although I would love to see UCF win so they can annoy the fuck out of people and call them National Champs again, I think LSU is too good and will win this one by a TD plus late in the game. I’ll also take the under in this one.
- 53% on LSU & 69% on the Over.
Rose Bowl Game Presented by Northwestern Mutual: #9 Washington (+7.5) vs #6 Ohio State (-7.5) — O/U 55
- Pasadena, CA (Rose Bowl): 5:00 PM EST on ESPN
- Two good defenses here, especially on the Washington side.
- Washington wants to run the ball, just look at their last drive against Washington St. and the Pac 12 Championship game. This bodes well for the under.
- Dwayne Haskins and Ohio State are looking to send out the corrupt and lying Urban Myer on a winning note so he can go teach some bullshit class about leadership before he takes the Notre Dame or USC job next year.
- Washington didn’t have the year they wanted, but I think they still are one of the best 6 or 7 teams in the country.
- Ohio State had a “down” year but they played their two best game of the year against rival Michigan and Northwestern. A month long break is hard but look for them to continue to play very well on both sides of the ball.
- Dwayne Haskins could cement himself as the TOP QB in the draft with a good game here. He is looking to come to Pasadena and ball out.
- I like Washington to cover in this game and for it to be low scoring.
- 79% on Ohio State & 63% on the over.
Allstate Sugar Bowl: #15 Texas (+12) vs #5 Georgia (-12) — O/U 60
- New Orleans, LA (Mercedes-Benz Superdome): 8:45 EST on ESPN
- 12 points for Texas and Tom Herman. Too much.
- Georgia is one of the top four teams in the country and should have been in the playoff, but how motivated are they gonna be to here?
- Texas could say the same thing, they had a chance to win the Big 12 but lost to their rival. I think they’ll want this game more to show that Texas is really back.
- This should be a very high scoring game, I don’t see Texas stopping Georgia and Texas will get their own.
- QB Sam Elighner for Texas is a fucking man
- Texas’ defense is going to have its hands full with Deandre Swift and Elijah Holyfield. If Texas can slow those two down, maybe they have a shot to win this game.
- Georgia is looking for its 4th straight bowl win.
- It’ll be interesting seeing Georgias offense and that Texas defense. In the Big 12 Texas sees all these air it out offenses and rarely a team that just lines up and runs straight at you. Georgia is that type of team, maybe Texas’ defense can hold up a little bit better.
- I like Georgia to win this game, but 12 points is too much. I’ll take the over as well.
- 60% on Georgia & 80% on the over