Walk-On’s Independence Bowl: Temple (-3.5) vs Duke (+3.5) — O/U 54.5
- Shreveport, LA (Independence Stadium): 1:30 PM EST on ESPN
- Duke is coming off some horrible losses to end the season here, they were ranked and got smoked against Clemson and then had a what the fuck happened game against Wake Forest at home where they got put out on the porch and thrown into the smoker. Just an awful performance.
- Duke does post a potential 1st round QB pick this in Daniel Jones. He’ll go up against Temples defense which only allows 5/1 yard per pass attempt and has held 8 teams to under 20 points.
- Temple did play two Power 5 teams this year, losing to Boston College 45-35 and beating Maryland 35-14.
- Motivation: Temple can win back to back bowl games for their first time in program history. They only have 3 bowl wins total.
- This will be Temples fourth straight bowl game. They also have 19 senior playing in this game, all seniors have been there during this streak and they’ll want to close out their careers on a high.
- I will take Temple to cover and the under in this game. Temple played better at the end of the year, they have more motivation, and
- 52% on Duke and 67% on the Over.
New Era Pinstripe Bowl: Wisconsin (+3) vs Miami (-3) — O/U 47
- New York, NY (Yankee Stadium): 5:15 PM EST on ESPN
- Yikes, back to back years these two teams are playing each other. First time down in Miami weather, this time its close to Wisconsin weather.
- Wisconsin might be the most disappointing team in college football this year. They were ranked #4 to start the season, and some picked them to make the playoff (looking at you Lee Corso).
- As much as Wisconsin fans want to see Alex Hornibrook never take a snap under center for the Badgers again, he is a better QB than Jack Coan who couldn’t do anything all year.
- Miami on the other hand is also disappointing, but I don’t think people expected them to compete for the ACC Title this year. Last year was kind of a fluke for this team as they lost their last three games.
- Miami also has QB problem and they’re starting Malik Rosier. Don’t think Miami fans are too happy about that but this could be because of the video N’Kosi Perry. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Rosier play a few series then Perry takes over, or a combo of both throughout the game.
- Johnathan Taylor, the Doak Walker winner, is gonna have to ball the fuck out for the Badgers to win this game.
- Motivation: I think Miami is much more excited to be here and get a chance at beating Wisconsin. Miami didn’t have the expectations the Badgers did and have the revenge factor on their side.
- Wisconsin does have the better coach in this game. I think Paul Chryst will come out with a great game plan here. Expect Wisconsin to take the ball if they win the opening toss and try to get an early lead so they can run the ball over and over and fucking over again.
- Weather? Looks to be 42 and sunny. I don’t think that effects either team very much, although Wisconsin is more used to playing in weather like that.
- I like the Badgers to cover here, and win outright. This is a close, low scoring game at Yankee Stadium.
- 65% on Wisconsin and 66% on the Under.
Academy Sports + Outdoor Texas Bowl: Baylor (+4) vs Vanderbilt (-4) — O/U 55.5
- Houston, TX (NRG Stadium): 9:00 PM EST on ESPN
- What Baylor team is going to show up here? Baylor has straight up not shown up for some games this year, and others they look competitive as hell.
- Outdoor Texas Bowl BUT were playing this game indoors. Cool. Maybe people in the stands should have to see how quickly they can pitch tents on the field during timeouts. Everybody needs to wear camo, I don’t know.
- Both these teams have the ability to put up some serious points, but both have also put up some stinkers during the year. Both are averaging 28 PPG.
- Motivation: Baylor did play a very good game at the end of the year against Texas Tech to become bowl eligible. That tells me this team wanted to make a bowl and will be up for this game.
- Jalen Hurd for Baylor is not playing in this game, who is their best player because he’s sitting out for the NFL Draft.
- This is the first of four Big 12 v SEC teams. Most of these games are gonna have high scoring offenses playing a real defense for the first time, I am not sure Vanderbilt is that “real defense” that is gonna slow Baylor down.
- I’ll take Baylor to cover the spread here in a very close, but high scoring game.
- 62% on Vanderbilt and 80% on the Over.