Makers Wanted Bahamas Bowl: Florida International (-6) v. Toledo (+6) — O/U 56
- Nassau, Bahamas: 12:30 PM EST (ESPN)
- Lets just post this first, hashtag never forget.
- FIU finished tied for second in Conference USA under Butch Jones where he is 1-3 in bowl games since leaving Miami (albeit that was in 2000).
- FIU gets the short trip to the Bahamas, they are also used to that heat baby.
- The MAC & Conference USA are tied 2-2 so far in Bahama bowl games.
- Every Bahamas Bowl besides last year had each team scoring at least 20 points.
- Both of these teams put up a lot of points, I expect a shootout here.
- I’m gonna go with Toledo to cover here. FIU may have the short flight, and are used to the weather but that has shown in the past to not matter so much. Give those northern Ohio boys some warm weather, a beach, maybe a few fruity cocktails, and hey, what the fuck lets play some football too.
- 65% on FIU & 66% on the Under.
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Western Michigan (+12) v. BYU (-12) — O/U 50
- Boise, Idaho: 4 PM EST (ESPN)
- In what world should BYU be a double digit favorite, I don’t think they’re playing the school of the blind here. Never been to WMU, so I cant confirm.
- BYU has had an up and down year on offense, obviously against poor teams they are able to put up points but against some more solid teams their offense struggles.
- BYU has already played on the blue turf out there in Boise.
- Western Michigan has put up points all year besides against Michigan (obviously) and against Ohio (hmm..)
- Western Michigan is back in a bowl game after winning 6 games last year and being left out. Should be some big motivation for this team to come out and win this game.
- Both of these teams are trotting out freshman QBs which can either be a benefit to hitting the over, or we might some real bad QB play in a colder weather game.
- I think BYU wins this game, but 12 points is just too much for me. I’ll take Western Michigan to cover and the MAC keeps on rolling, against the spread. I wouldn’t touch this O/U.
- 54% on WMU & 71% on the Over.
Jared Birmingham Bowl: Memphis (-3.5) v. Wake Forest (+3.5) — O/U 73
- Birmingham, AL: Noon EST (ESPN)
- Wake Forest gets to be the first ACC team in action this bowl season coming off a fucking ass whooping of Duke, AT DUKE, 59-7.
- The O/U in the game is ridiculous at 73. Wake Forest games have gone over that number four times while Memphis games have done it seven times.
- Memphis gave UCF a run for their money twice this season, so they are a pretty solid team Wake Forest is gonna have to deal with.
- Really have to look at whether WR Greg Dortch is going to be playing for Wake Forest. Dortch has 1,750 all purpose yards including 1,078 of those receiving, dude is a stud.
- Memphis’ start offensive player, RB Darrell Henderson, is going to be out as he is sitting out because of the NFL draft.
- Even if Dortch doesn’t play, expect this game to be a god damn shootout.
- Memphis has only beat ONE bowl eligible team all year.
- Give me Wake Forest and for the over to hit.
- 51% on WF & 61% on the OVER.
Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl: Houston (+5) v. Army (-5) — O/U 60
- Fort Worth, TX: 3:30 PM EST (ESPN)
- Houston under Major Applewhite is 0-2. Plus their best player is sitting out.
- Armed Forces Bowl has Army playing in it, a branch of the Armed Forces in case you forgot.
- Army is 2-0 in Armed Forces Bowl all times, including a 42-35 win last year over San Diego St.
- Service academy’s are 16-8 ATS in bowl games since 2005.
- ARMY BLOWS THEM OUT, and I’ll take the under because Army runs the fuck outta the ball.
- 75% on Army & 80% on the Under.
Dollar General Bowl: Buffalo (-1.5) v. Troy (+1.5) — O/U 49.5
- Mobile, AL: 7 PM (ESPN)
- What a dumb bowl game. How does Dollar General even have enough money to sponsor this shit? Plus its in Mobile, I feel like every time I see that city on TV it just looks miserable.
- Every game but two have gone over 49 points for Buffalo this season, the two that didn’t were wins for them against Akron at home, and Toledo on the road. Not much to take from those low scoring wins, but this teams game are pretty much always high scoring.
- Troy on the other hand has 5 games that didn’t hit over 49 points.
- OH, Troy is in Alabama and only like 130 miles from Mobile, AL
- Buffalo is a 10 win team that is looking to win its first bowl game EVER, and hit 11 wins. They could have won 11 but had a heartbreaking loss in the MAC Championship.
- Give me the god damn over and the MAC team.
- 60% on Troy & 53% on the Under.
Sofi Hawai’i Bowl: Hawai’i (-1) v. LA Tech (+1) — O/U 61.5
- Honolulu, HI: 10:30 PM EST (ESPN)
- Hawaii obviously loves to sling the ball around, as does LA Tech.
- Although both teams throw the ball around all the time, they do not move quickly on offense. Both teams are willing to take their time to get to the line, they just don’t enjoy running the ball. But this is a bowl game, so they’ll both probably run for over 200 yards.
- Remember the name Jaylon Ferguson (DE) from LA Tech or as his teammates like to call him, Sack Daddy. Sack Daddy has 43 career sacks, and needs two more to beat the NCAA record of 44 held by Terrell Suggs.
- Hawai’i hasn’t played well at home since September, so much for a home field advantage. Hawai’i is also only 4-3 all time in Hawai’i Bowl Games.
- Skip Holtz did take East Carolina to the Hawai’i bowl and won. So he does have experience of bringing and team over to Hawai’i and being successful.
- I’ll take LA Tech to win this one, and for the under to hit.
- 53% on LA Tech & 75% on the Over.