Wisconsin Badgers 17 @ Northwestern Wildcats 31
- Picked this game right in my CFB betting blog from a few days back (https://themoxie.blog/2018/10/25/ncaaf-week-9-lines/). Northwestern is a tough place to play at anytime of the day, plus this is a pretty good Northwestern team. They struggled at the start of the season but found their swag lately. They won at Michigan St., had Michigan on the ropes all game and now beat Wisconsin. Watch out Notre Dame, HUGE game next week in Evanston.
- When you join the Big Ten as a player, where are you excited to go in and play? The Big House, the Horseshoe, a white out at Penn State, Camp Randall, or maybe even at places like Iowa, Nebraska, or Michigan State. You don’t get excited about playing at a high school stadium in Evanston, IL.
- Northwestern is now in the drivers seat to win the Big Ten West with Purdue’s loss today. Wisconsin has two Big Ten losses, Purdue now has two and those two still need to play each-other. Northwestern has now beat both those teams. Northwestern could potentially be a 4 loss Big Ten West champion with only one Big Ten loss all year. They go to Iowa on 11/10 in the game that will probably decide the division. Currently, Iowa is losing at Penn State.
- Wisconsin, Hornibrook sucks? Jack Coan is even worse. Wisconsin backup QB did not look ready at all and their turnovers really killed them, obviously.
- Jonathon Taylor was touted as a Heisman candidate at the start of the year but he needed to fix those fumbling problems. It looks like he hasn’t. He needs to fix those issues for the rest of this year and next year or he may drop on NFL draft boards. The Badgers had a long trend of great RB’s in college that couldn’t do a thing in the NFL. Recently, guys like Melvin Gordon, James White, and Corey Clement have changed that. If Taylor wants to keep that going he needs to fix the fumbling problems.
- Whats been overlooked for the Badgers is their poor defense. Their secondary is very weak and they have almost no pass rush at all. Their linebackers are absolute studs but that only goes so far.
- The Badgers have two Big Ten losses and still need to go to Penn State on 11/10 and Purdue on 11/17. Their gonna need some major help to reach the Big Ten Championship again.
Purdue Boilermakers 13 @ Michigan State Spartans 23
- Another game I predicted correctly previously. Seems I know my B1G football.
- Michigan St. decided to go with Rocky Lombardi at QB over Lewerke’s poor performance over the past few weeks and it paid off for them. Lombardi threw for over 300 yards, 2 TDS, and no turnovers. He was able to move the ball much better than Lewerke.
- That QB change and Michigan St. defense makes the game coming up against Ohio State on 11/10 much more interesting. They have to go to Maryland before that, but Michigan St. still has an outside shot at winning the Big Ten East with some major chaos and help from Penn State and Ohio State to beat Michigan. I have no fucking idea what the tiebreakers are right now, but they could all have potentially two conference losses. MADNESS.
- Purdue fell back down to earth. Their offense fell back down to earth. That offense that scored 40 or more points in 4 of their last 5 games only managed 13 points today on the road. They also committed 3 TO’s. That won’t cut it on the road against a good team.
- Purdue now stands at 4-4 and needs two wins to make a bowl game. Their upcoming schedule looks like this: v. Iowa, @ Minnesota, v. WI, @ Indiana. That winner of the Purdue/Minnesota game may be the only one to reach 6 wins and a bowl game.
Clemson Tigers 59 @ Florida State Seminoles 10
- Welp, can’t win em all. I thought Florida State at home in almost their biggest game of the year would show up. They did not.
- Florida State couldn’t throw the ball, couldn’t run the ball, they constantly had stupid penalties that extended drives for Clemson – Florida State is just a bad team.
- My how they have fallen, Florida State went 10-3 in 2016 with a win over Michigan in the Orange Bowl, they opened up the 2017 ranked #3 and got beat by Alabama while losing Deondre Francois for the season, they went 7-6 and are still reeling from that.
- Florida State is now at 4-4. They have @ NC St, @ Notre Dame, v. Boston College, and v. Florida. I do not see two wins there. Florida State will probably end up 5-7 or 4-8, miss a bowl game, and the hiring of Willie Taggart will be questioned. I hope they give Taggart another season to improve things and don’t rush to a decision.
- Clemsons move to Freshman QB Trevor Lawerence was very smart. They can actually throw the ball downfield now.
- Clemson looked shaky at the start of the season but they are now on a fucking roll. Their toughest game the rest of the season is @ Boston College and they get South Carolina at the end of the year but I don’t see this team losing – they are too good.
- If Alabama loses at all, they will be the #1 seed in the College Football Tournament for the second year in a row.